Sexy Scottish doc is back! Yes, this episode marked the return of Dr. Hunt and I was about as excited for this as I was when Derek and Meredith slept together at the end of the “prom” in Season 1. I know I mentioned this in a previous post, but Cristina needs some serious loving after all of the drama with Burke. The two of them shared a tender moment when he told her about his past/time in the war. It's clear those two are on a bumpy road to one of the more interesting relationships on the show. Other than this, there wasn’t a lot fun or enjoyable about this episode.
The “live tissue” experiment he lined up was a little much, even for me. I may not be a hardcore animal rights activist, but I too felt uncomfortable with what he was asking. I cringed into my pillow when he stabbed each of the pigs who were sedated in the heart and told the residents to save them. Izzie can be an annoying character sometimes, but I applauded her for standing up to Hunt about her refusal to participate. Erin summed it up pretty accurately for fans in her blog for that week.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In his defense, Hunt tried to get Izzie to see that some advancements in medical history may not have been possible if it had not been for work involving animal tests and experiments. But Izzie remained firm in her beliefs that the modern medicinal world no longer needed to use animals as lab experiments. She then ended her powerful rebuttal by saying, 'Don't tell me I'm less of a doctor for walking away.'" - Erin Lulevitch, TVGuide.com, "Life During Wartime" episode recap October 31, 2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a little too much Callie/Erica in this episode for me. It’s got nothing to do with their relationship. Their characters are not my favorites. I thought Callie was very cute with George, despite how hard it was to watch them on screen together as a married couple. The Izzie/George triangle they threw into that storyline really shouldn’t have happened. That was harder to watch. Erica was more likeable when Burke was on the show. I liked her better when she wasn’t around so much. Watching her crying in the beginning of the episode after she and Callie had sex was about as awkward as it gets.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A whole new emotional side of Erica popped-up when she tearfully confessed to Callie that being with her was "like needing glasses," which turned out to be a metaphor meaning she now realizes what she was missing in relationships before. Then to further confirm how she felt she joyfully told Callie, "I am so gay!" Unfortunately, Erica's frankness scared Callie all the way to work and into the ever-loving arms of Mark, who was more than happy to help Callie work through her reaction to this news. - Erin Lulevitch, TVGuide.com, "Life During Wartime" episode recap October 31, 2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Callie and I shared the same facial expression after the crying happened and I too felt better after she ran to Mark. Sloan always brings the comic relief to this show and it was definitely necessary at that moment. It was nice of Callie to invite him out for a drink as friends at the end of the episode.
Quick Comments
- It was really nice to see Alex open up to Izzie after being an idiot and asking her if they “screwing other people or not?” in the beginning of the episode. He later admitted to her that he wasn’t good at sharing his feelings. It’s about time he was a little emotional and put some effort into making the relationship work.
- Bailey was amazing in this episode as always, proving to the Chief and everyone else once again that she deserves to be Chief of Seattle Grace one day. Though it was Meredith's idea that ultimately saved that little girl's life, Bailey's execution and performance of the surgery was great.

No comments:
Post a Comment