Ghost Denny returned to Grey's in this episode. Holy crap! Shonda Rimes has done a lot of strange things on this show, but this was taking it over the edge. I, like many fans, have accepted the fact that Denny is gone. I could not rejoice at the reunion he and Izzie shared because it was simply not possible. There’s nothing sexy about having sex with a ghost no matter how attractive the man playing the ghost is.
I thought Erin’s theory was an interesting and plausible one for why this might be happening to Izzie.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe she never fully grieved the loss of Denny and their relationship, and now she must experience those emotions before she can truly move on and commit to Alex. - Erin Lulevitch, TVGuide.com, "In The Midnight Hour" episode recap November 21, 2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lexie and the interns officially went off the deep end this week and decided to perform an appendectomy on Sadie. I know I called them stupid in my last post, but I need a stronger word now. It was clear this wasn’t going to end well. The minute one of the interns pointed out that her appendix was inflamed, I thought to myself “Sadie’s dead”. Luckily, Lexie proved she wasn’t so stupid and went to get Mer and Cristina. She then proved me wrong again by running into the room while Mer and Cristina were getting kudos from the Chief for the quick actions and told the Chief that Cristina knew all about what the interns were doing. It was painful to sit through Cristina yelling at Meredith for not standing up for her in Chief’s room. I don’t necessarily think Mer did anything wrong. She might have been in shock about the whole thing like the rest of us viewers were. It all happened so fast. I just hope this argument doesn’t drive too large of a wedge between her and Cristina. I thought Sadie would be the wedge and this argument might have just created the opening needed for that to happen, unfortunately.
Quick Comments
- Hunt telling Cristins she was beautiful was perfect, as was the silence that followed it between the two of them on the doorstep to her apartment. WHEN are those two getting together?
- Major kudos to Alex this week supporting Izzie during her sickness. Justin Chambers’ acting is starting to impress me.
- It was great to get more background on Sloan and his childhood. I don’t think that happens enough. His character can be seen as one dimensional a lot of the time as the manwhore of the hospital. Storylines like the one this week with the little girl and her sleepwalking father showed us a sweet side of Mark that needs to be there more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment