No patient on Grey’s ever broke my heart like Denny Duquette. I have never cried so much at an episode of Grey’s until he died. I will never be able to shake the memory of his face contorting from a smile to one of pain when he realized something was wrong. I will never be able to forget Izzie in her bubblegum pink dress getting on the elevator to go to his room to see him and then her soul-shattering crying when she refused to let go of his dead body while Meredith, Cristina, Alex, and George looked on. Watching Alex pull her off of Denny was heart-wrenching. We’re in Season 5 now, but Denny made a return in this season’s episode. To quote Erin from her blog for this week,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now pardon me as I swoon over the return of Denny...He sure looks hot, despite being dead for the last few seasons! Unfortunately, he didn't get to say much, but those expressive eyes and knowing smile spoke volumes instead. - Erin Lulevitch, TVGuide.com, "Rise Up" episode recap November 7, 2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ain’t that the truth! Jeffrey Dean Morgan is such a phenomenal actor.
After the news of Brooke Smith’s firing, I was wondering what was going to be the catalyst to force her to leave. I was hoping it wasn’t anything silly. Shonda Rimes is a genius for bringing tying this episode into the Denny on. The guy that Izzie stole the heart from in order to save Denny’s life was on this week’s episode and he was scheduled to go through the same procedure that Denny went through. Needless to say, this brought back all kinds of memories for Izzie. Erica exploded at the Chief in his office when she found out what Izzie had done and that she hadn’t been reported to the medical board for it. This was what ultimately lead to the argument between Callie and Erica on their way to the parking lot and we saw Hahn walk away from Callie after telling her “I don’t know who you are.” Ouch.
Sexy Scottish doc Hunt and Cristina got into again after he was pretty much a prick to her the whole episode. She eventually showed him what all of us fans already know about Cristina, that watching her Dad die when she was kid pretty much shapes who she is as a doctor and explains why she keeps her distance from her patience. People always assume Cristina’s some cold person, but I don’t think I’d believe her character if she reacted different after witnessing such a traumatic event.
Quick Comments
- Loved George and Robo-plastic Stan, voiced by the Chief.
- Derek should get used to the Mer and Cristina bonding. Watching him recruit Sloan to seduce Cristina in order to distract her was priceless. He should’ve known Cristina wouldn’t understand any of his usual come-on’s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment