When I first saw this posted on tvguide.com, I was in shock. Okay, so Erica Hahn wasn't one of my favorite characters. I'm not gonna miss her, but when I first read the article about her getting fired, they made it seem like ABC fired her because they didn't want gay characters on the show. I don't know. All the details of it are just sketch. I'm not gonna miss her, but I don't know if she deserved to get fired like that.
ABC and Shonda Rimes were quick to issue responses to the claims that Hahn was fired because her character was gay. Surely, they were terrified of another Isaiah Washington fiasco happening. They wanted to extinguish the fire before it got that far. Instead they claimed it was because they felt Callie and Erica didn't have a lot of chemistry and that they were unhappy with the character for a while. Yeah, okay.
ABC should be very careful with how far they allow storylines to develop on Grey's if they are unhappy with characters. Perhaps they should've fired Smith before the Callie/Erica storyline developed this far.
The week of Nov. 7 was the same week that Smith's final episode as Hahn was going to air. I'm curious to see how they're going to end it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment